Under 12 Age Groups
This group of players will run throughout the year, however there is the opportunity for junior club coaches to nominate further players for this squad if they think it is appropriate for the player’s development throughout the year.
|Tuesday||Tweedbank||Dizzy White||Scottish Borders Participation Centre Trials||U12
4.30pm – 5.30pm
This group of players have the opportunity to play in the East Regional Primary School Festival (May) and also the National Primary School Festival (June)
Players will attend whichever JDC is closest to where they attend school initially, however the final squad will train at Tweedbank, the Regional Hockey Centre, which provides the best playing surface.
Is there a cost to attend a JDC?
A fee will be charged for attending a block of training sessions. This is to cover the cost of the facility and pay the coach. Kit is also available to purchase online from PSL Teamsports.
- All players play 6-a-side mini-hockey at Festivals
- Emphasis is on fun, safety and trying out skills
- There are no winners or recording of results
- Rules of Mini Hockey apply – rules are sympathetically applied
Teams are mixed
Other Opportunities for U12s
- Players have the opportunity to play in Participation Festivals organised by the Borders Hockey Development team
- The Programme of Festivals can be found on the Calendar of Events
- Parents are encouraged to come to training and to Festivals to support
What to Bring
- Mouth guard and shin pads (strongly recommended)
- Borders Hockey Development squad kit should be worn to all training and Festivals where possible
- Warm and waterproof clothing for between matches
- Plenty to drink
- Healthy Snacks